Monday, June 28, 2010

So soon?

(Blitzan Trapper- great band)

It was just a little while
 before the strip of sunrise came crashing over the horizon waking me up to a day 
that I just didn't want to live in. 

Empty bottles so heavy on the floor
crunching glass as I stumbled to the door
 and the stench of dried up alcohol on the carpet
the evidence of unprovoked mayhem

a deck of cards and poker chips
and memories of someone's lips
around the neck of Mishka
from a night that seemed so distant

And it was just a little while 
before we had to say goodbye, and you walked out to the car alone
I watched until I had to turn away.




2 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what,that was fabulous :)

    I could read more of your poetry,no problem :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Blitzen Trapper! And your writing is great.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something lovely :)

Followers