Friday, July 2, 2010

Shooting Stars

I have been putting off this blog post for a few days. It's number 100 and I wanted it to be perfect. I didn't want to just do it for the sake of it, but last night, on a brief trip home from college that lasted not 24 hours, I was truly inspired.



I come from a pretty little regional area in the south, and as such, we don't have the brightness of the city lights. What we do have are stars. So many of them, spread throughout this endless velvety sky. As I pulled into my driveway for the first time in several months, I could see them all so clearly and it occurred to me, that not matter where people are in the world, we are all under this sky. No matter where the people I love are, I can look at the sky and know that it is covering us all. I know that they can look at the stars and make the same wishes as I could. I know they could fly to me in a matter of hours and I to them. I know that because of this, I don't have to worry, because everything is going to be okay.

4 comments:

  1. Aw that is such a lovely 100th post :) I don't think I even marked mine with a special post or anything.

    Pure magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :]
    congrats on 100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) congrats on the 100!!!! your blog is simply devine!

    xxx
    eri
    p.s. i heart fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have that fairy picture as a puzzle! I absolutely adored it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

tell me something lovely :)

Followers