Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Faster.



I couldn't run for 3 days. I missed it so much. 

I missed the sweat that forms in little beads on my forehead
and the way my shirt starts to cling to my body

I missed the way that my legs start to cramp up further and further until I was finished
but they always manage to make it to the end

I missed the way that my stomach clenched itself so tight I thought I was going to be sick
and I missed my stomach unclenching half an hour later
and feeling justifiably ravenous. 

I missed the way that my body didn't want to move for the rest of the day
and I missed the pain of forcing it to move anyway

I especially missed the euphoric feeling of satisfaction at the end of a super long run
where you feel like you have achieved something 
You feel like you have something to live for
You feel like your endorphins have taken acid
and you feel as though this feeling is worth every little bit of pain
that you have ever endured 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers