Thursday, October 29, 2009

"More is Never Enough"







Candy, Directed by Neil Armfield is one of my all time favorite movies. It's the kind of movie you might watch when you are feeling inspired... or when you want to be. It is so poetic and realistic and beautiful in a tragic kind of way. With a seemingly heavy focus drug addiction and the destructive path that so often follows, one could be easily misled into thinking that this simply another way of portraying the life of a heroin junkie. What I think people don't realize, is that this isn't about heroin. Heroin features in the film, yes, definitely, but the story is one of the most passionate love.  I am always mesmerized by the first 10 minutes and I find myself floating into another world where water, words and love are all that exists and I can become the centre of it all.

 If you switch on some Johnette Napolitano, sit back, close your eyes just for 2 minutes 49 seconds to listen to the wedding theme song from Candy, I promise you will be floating off into all the good day dreams in no time at all, despite whatever kind of heroin/gym/work/etc junkie you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers