Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rainy days are good for dreaming...








I love dreamy rainy days. Water makes the ground sparkle, there are mirror pools to reflect in, people seem busier and the noise the raindrops make as they hit my tin roof resonate throughout my room.

 Water is so shapeless. It can be whatever you want it to be. It can be your drink bottle, it can be your footprint, it can be your ice block mould on a hot summers day, cubes, or you know, the ones that come in flower shapes and such?

 It is just this amazing phenomenon that should create a sense of calm and peace with the world. It encourages growth, new life, nourishment and yet, people hate it, complain about it. They have car accidents because they don't have time to slow down, they run from place to place because getting wet would be so inconvenient. People hide inside and wallow in dreary moods because they "can't" go outside.

I sometimes walk to uni in the rain. I take my umbrella and listen to the water hitting the top. I watch it drip from the sides, I spin it around to make a feature fountain with me as it's centerpiece as I cross the bridge over the highway. I love being able to say I got caught in the rain. It's romantic, it is pretty, it is natural.

 I<3 rainy days

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers