Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Creative Thievery



So lately, being so caught up in the flurry that is exam period, I have been feeling somewhat brain dead in the way of creativity, so I set out to find some inspirational ideas in the big wide world and I found this charming passage. So not only did I take Jim's advice and be inspired by everything around me, but I stole it and used it for a blog entry. Now that, is some creativity right there. 


Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that
resonates with information or fuels your imagination. 
Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings,
photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations,
architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds,
bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things
to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do
this your work (and theft) will be authentic.
Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non existent.
And don't bother concealing your thievery- celebrate
it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember
what Jean-Luc Godard said: "It's not where you take
things from- it's where you take them to."
-Jim Jarmusch

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers