Friday, April 23, 2010

Kitty cat dance...

Explaining to my tutor why I was unable to complete the final assessment of the semester last year was   singularly the most embarrassing moment of my entire life. I didn't have enough internet downloads left to complete the online quiz. Explaining why I had been on youtube for over 24 hours on my university account was never going to be easy, but when asked for a record of what exactly I had been browsing I almost cried. You see, I was caught up in the "Kitty cat". The most brilliant internet meme I have ever seen. While many hours were spent watching the original, I also enjoyed such variations as "Kitty Cat Hyperspeed", "Kitty Cat Dance Remix" and "Kitty Cat (The Chipmunk Remix)".

Beginning in 2004, the original has received over eight million views on youtube. Since it was first released, it has become a hit video around the internet and it is even possible to obtain Kitty Cat merchandise here. Over time it has been varied, with a halo version  being released in 2005 and other fan made videos of their own cats in the past 6 years.







No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers