Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sex, fashion and theatrical lovelies...





Helmut Newton is my new favorite person. His photography is just oozing sexiness.  I came across his work when doing a little research into the fashion of the 50's. This genius was one of the minds behind the English Vogue at that time, as well as a number of other prominent fashion magazines. He combined sex and fashion and theatre to cater for only the most outward thinkers in the world of art. I love the playgirl bunny. It's quite the inspiration for breaking outside the box. Something that I feel is being restricted at the moment. There is not enough free thinking in the world of photography, not just in fashion but in all areas of the art. I think this is evidenced by the Bill Henson nonsense.  Censoring art is just not okay.
 Fuck morals. Let's just play dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers