Thursday, December 17, 2009

musical goodies



So this week I have had some much needed and anticipated free time. Yesterday, I spent a good part of the day on triple J's unearthed website making some excellent musical discoveries. I suggest that you get yourself there immediately via the above link and do some discovering too!



One of my favorite discoveries (or rediscoveries- as I actually came across him some time ago and he has since been the inspiration for much of my own writing) was Karl Kristoph. (photo above!) I am quite fond of his lyrical  music, that he writes and records all on his own. It's really quite sensational.  He is a Sydney boy, 19 years old and now, according to myspace, has a pretty neat tattoo.




Another favorite would have to be Deep Sea Arcade. They remind me of a punkier Beatles. "Don't be sorry" is the song that I think would be worthy of making them famous. They are proof once more, that Sydney is quite dominant in the music scene and they have reinforced for me, why indie is my favorite genre. You will find them on myspace at



And lastly (Well not really, because there are SO many amazing artists on this triple J unearthed site) but oh dear god, certainly not least, are The Moxie. While they are from Melbourne, you should definitely forgive them for this, because their sound is just spectacular. It's the kind of music I would listen to late at night, probably while I am blogging or having a cup of tea, curled up at my desk watching my fairy lights. Very cruisy, and perhaps just a little bit trippy. Just the way I like it. These kids can be found at http://www.myspace.com/themoxiemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers