Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Skins




Welcome to my latest obsession. Perhaps better wording would actually be my rediscovered obsession. For about the 4th time, I am watching the early seasons of skins and I have to say, it is pretty excellent. It depicts the rebellious life I have always wanted, but obviously would never pursue, so it's kinda fun to watch it and just pretend. I know drugs and alcohol are not really "cool" but in this TV show, they are and I like it. It doesn't hold back, or conform to ratings, societal morals or what is acceptable in the eyes of parents. It basically says " Fuck you I can do whatever the hell I want and no one can stop me." You want to be a dancer? Fine. You want to be gay? Fine. You want to not be gay but experiment with it? Fine. You want to get fucked up every night even if it's a school night? Fine. You want to screw around? Fine. You want to sneak out, pop pills and never utter a word communicating only in facial expressions? Fine. You want to be anorexic? Fine, who is going to stop you. Who is going to judge you? Yeah, probably no one.

In our youth, we can abuse our bodies, survive on little sleep, and fuck things up, with a damn good excuse. Then we can leave it behind and get mature.

Don't you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers