Monday, November 30, 2009

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?




Exam results day can be stressful enough, but this year our uni decided to be just a little bit cheeky and release them a day early. Not wanting to be held in suspense, obviously I peeked and was quite utterly delighted. Never have I been more relived that I had not failed anything, and more to the point, that I had done very well. $ 10 000 dollars of my parents hard earned money  I feel has been well spent on my learning.



And so it is, that I survived another year of education, and am able to taste the sweetness of freedom and summer that will swirl around me for the next 2 months.  I must say, that living on sloppy food, cheap alcohol in happy hour and 4 hours a night of sleep has grown tiresome as it presumably would for many uni kids. I am ready for a break, however slight, to reinvigorate my enthusiasm for life. Today was what I would like to term a "wandering" day. These are the days where there is absolutely nothing left to do, so you just wander. I ran, I read, I slept, I bothered to make nice food for breakfast lunch and dinner, and best of all, I was without the slightest worry in the world. These are such rare days. There's always an assignment to be done, events to be organized, a sibling needing to be driven somewhere outside of town, a parent hassling for things to be cleaned or an emotional problem of some kind waiting  to be solved. Not today though. Everything seemed to slide from under me, leaving me floating on a cloud of my own. A happy, puffy, fluffy white cloud of my own. No one spoke to me, no one looked at me, no one came near me. It was like being in a wonderland of contentedness. And it was just so lovely. actually made me think of Alice in wonderland, with her quirky friends and the fact that all along, it was her very own, over active imagination. I'm not on LSD, but I can definitely see how Lewis Carroll would have been able to escape to such places and create such intensely imaginative worlds out of sweet nothingness.

I would love to continue this trend but these days are rare. Tomorrow I will go back to my normal life, I will go to work, I will yell at extremely annoying children (and adults who are slightly less annoying but much stupider)  and I will come home from work feeling like I have been hit by a bus, as is always the way. I will probably be required to clean my room and I will most likely wind up having to do some sort of organizational activity towards our family get together this weekend. Through it all, though, I will smile a little because it will be the first day of summer, and a little when I remember all the things that didn't happen today. For now, I am going to continue reading I think. Because I can. And there is nothing in the world that really needs my attention just at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers