Friday, November 13, 2009

Creepy Crawlies... and why I feel liberated once they are dead




Everyone in my hallway should be hailing me. They should be chanting my name and kissing the ground that I walk on. They should be buying me chocolate and sending me flowers because I am a god damned hero. What have I done to deserve such treatment? Well let's just say I took care of a hairy, crawling, and probably poisonous problem. 

I dislike anything that is smaller than my hand and isn't cute and fuzzy. Spiders are something that many people can't deal with and honestly, I am surprised with my calculated courage. I managed to use half a can of insect killer and scream only twice at it's twitching body in the process of it's extermination. I did not run away and I only had a very small pang of guilt afterwards.

 I think the reason our (possibly deadly) spider stayed in the bathroom for so long, was because no one bothered to get rid of it. It invaded the shower and set up a mosquito death camp, and I have no doubt that if it had have known Hitler they would have got along like a house on fire because it seemed to be really enjoying its reign of terror. One person was heard to be announcing that "Its not hurting anyone" but funnily enough, that person was also seen to be sneaking back from the other shower block on a number of occasions.  Awkward.

The thing about living by yourself (and in this context what I mean by that is that mummy and daddy are no longer readily available to do your dirty work) is that you need to start taking responsibility. I hate the word. It genuinely annoys me that the one thing I have always wanted is independence and yet with that comes the one thing I have always hated and avoided wherever possible, that is responsibility. I think this experience has made me realize that after 3 months away from home, I can say that I am truly, almost independent. The fact that I had nightmares of giant spider eyes and couldn't shut my eyes without seeing it's twitching body was somewhat disturbing, but then again, the fact that I coped alone and didn't feel the need to call lifeline for advice on post traumatic syndrome tells me that I am completely liberated.

All in all, I think that killing arachnids is very beneficial to the chakra. I would highly recommend purchasing a can of mortein and learning to spray.  Start with something small, like mosquitos and flies, then work your way up to spiders. Once you've made it to spiders, you know you are probably ready to move out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers