Saturday, May 29, 2010



Today is so winter. I can feel that bitterness in the air that only the end of May can bring with it. It's the bitterness before the bitterness.  I did a long bike ride up the coast and as I cycled past, the beaches were no longer brimming with that post summer air, but rather they were desolate and dark. The sky was dramatic and the sea spray from the waves that have been whipped up by the winter wind has probably rusted my bike through and through.

Although it was cool, and the rain splashed down at just the most slightly uncomfortable rate, I was still warm from the exercise. My skin was saying iceberg, while my muscles were saying woodfire. I hope I can do this again some time.

It's nice just to be out of the darkness of the city and out of the shadow it seems to cast on life. Beaches and bike rides make me realize that there is certainly more than what there seems to be. When you let go of everyone else's problems and think simply of your own, you can see just a little bit more clearly through the haze that surrounds the exam period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers