Monday, May 17, 2010

Missing yesterdays.





I was heartbroken, irrational, the epitome of lost love. I was irrationality, I was desire, I was a ghost, I was the fire, I was the substance that brought you up, and the substance you smoked to bring you down. I was your city dream, your heartbroken scream, I was the one you noticed when you got on the train, in the pouring rain, on a Monday once again. I was the rhyme that hardly made sense and the hole in your chest, left by a madman on a rampage. I am the path you waited on for me to walk down. Standing on me, with your muddy, wet feet. Cursing my twists and the way I move, cursing me and my magic shoes. But do you know what else I am? I am the drunken scene at a party of the night. I am the substance you all take for the rush, the thrill, the fear, the tiny little pill that pops as it slides down your god damn throat. I was the sleep you wanted to fall into, I was the memory that memory you fell into, the nightmare that haunts you, and its all you have left to believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers