Monday, May 31, 2010

Tao Lin


And so on this final day of May, as the clouds vomited up rain and Autumn turned a cold shoulder on me, and the wind ripped the trees out of the ground and the germs of sick people attacked the air, I discovered something inspirational. Tao Lin. An American writer who writes the most irrational things in such a logical way. I read a couple of stories from "Bed". It was so easy to become a part of them and I enjoyed the way they invoked emotion and inspired passion.

Maybe you should go and read some of his work. It might break your heart, or it might fix it. It might make the day just a little less boring, even if it's only because you hate it.

A poem of his that I enjoyed, that you might enjoy was;


the ‘classic image’ of a fisherman wrestling a tuna into submission on the deck of a boat
i held you one time like a fisherman holding a tuna
you were lying on your back on top of me
i was lying on my back on top of my bed
you were sort of ‘flopping around’
i thought about a large, smooth tuna trying to get away from me
later i saw your legs suddenly moving around a lot in the air
i thought ‘damn’ and had images of spiders and felt nervous
i thought about you climbing diagonally across my walls and ceiling

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers