Wednesday, February 17, 2010

That one time...

Tonight was interesting. Pub Crawls are always a blast but organizing one is completely different. As someone who is not a big drinker, I am always astounded at the outrageousness of some peoples drunken behavior. People do things that they regret well after the night has ended. Last night we had everything from the usual drunken hook ups, to theft, to getting kicked out of clubs for being so intoxicated that standing up was no longer an option, to pissing on the sidewalk. What sort of scares and upsets me though, is that some people think that all this stuff is okay, and for some people, it was just a regular night out. Don't get me wrong, I am all for good times and last night, was one really awesome good time.

Dance floors are theoretically such shit places. The people are gross. The smell is gross. There are germs and spit and sweat and blood and tongues and hips and grinding and the smell of seduction saturates the entire atmosphere. I kinda like it. When you are out there, you just don't really care any more. You get into the mindset and it becomes the hottest place to be. The dance floor last night was like that. Hot. Even though it was a tuesday night, no one cared. It was just all about the moment and that is what I love about these events. You need to let yourself get caught up in it all, to appreciate how much fun they actually are.

Perhaps this should have even been two blogs. And I am not including any pictures because they never look as good in the morning as they did last night. I guess the point I am making today is that you don't need to be smashed to have a good time. It is possible to get on a natural high and still enjoy events like orientation week pub crawl, stone cold sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers