Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Most WTF moment ever!"

                                                                              (Flickr)
So, there I was, sitting in a contract law lecture, learning about remedies for breaching a contract and I feel this poking of my shoulder, so I turn around and out of the blue, a friend says to me " I had the most what the fuck moment ever this morning! I was driving to uni and I saw a camel on the side of the road!"  Her WTF moment instantly became mine. A camel? Seriously? Does Australia even have camels? Getting excited, I responded with "Did it have one hump or two?" Apparently it only had one. It got me thinking about all my other wtf moments in a day and I realized that while they may not be all as exciting or random as this one, I have many. Today, My wtf moments were excitingly bizarre! And they all seemed to be associated with camels. They were as follows.
1. My friend telling me she had seen a camel on Picton Road
2. Finding out it only had one hump when I very clearly expected it to have two
3. Finding out Australia actually had wild camels
4. Another friend telling me that in America Kevin Rudd was labeled a murderer because he is allowing wild camels to be shot because they are bigger pests than rabbits!

All this led to much deeper philosophical thinking. What other wtf moments have I had?   I remember driving down a random street on a random road trip and seeing a street called "Dingo Street". Underneath this it had a sign saying "Preschool". I remember thinking "wtf? is this some kind of sick joke?" (See http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/29/newsid_2467000/2467665. if you are unfamiliar with the "a dingo ate my baby" story) There are so many of these moments, I actually had trouble picking out pictures and anecdotes for this blog because they seem to be never ending!
                                                          (Seriously? WTF?)


I decided to ring my parents to get some perspective and hear some of their own wtf moments, find out how their week was going and to ask them to send more food up to me.  My dad told me that the biggest wtf moment in his life was finding out my mother was pregnant with me, followed closely by my birth. It was so much more than just a wtf moment.

Seriously, FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers