Monday, September 28, 2009

The greatest word I ever heard.


NOVOCASTRIAN.


Person 1: Where are you from?
Person 2: Newcastle.
Person 1: Oh you're a Novocastrian eh?
Person 2: Yeah.

 (Urban Dictionary)

Just some completely irrelevant and random literary knowledge for you. It means a person from Newcastle, NSW, Australia. I was so in awe of this masterpiece of a word I felt that it should be shared. It's funny because it is such an interesting, almost medieval jumble of letters. It reminds me of a castle somewhere in the UK, maybe Scotland or Wales. It reminds me of silver armor and knights on horseback and yet what it represents today is so far from this it is ridiculous to even make such a connection.  Although I suppose to be fair, they did name their NRL team "The Knights".  Next time they play, I am going to yell out "Those damn novocastrians!" Just because I can.

                                        (So there is a round table... but alas no knights :(  )

                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                           (Except for these knights... fierce no doubt. Lacking shining armor.)
                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers