Tuesday, December 14, 2010

4. Hidden


Jack Johnson concert. Jack is there, hidden in a blur of lights, cameras and action, but I assure you he was there, and it was spectacular.

This concert is worth a mention. It was at the Domain in Sydney and received quite a mention in the papers, due to the excessive waiting times and over the top security. One man who was 57 years old was asked for ID before he could get a drink, and I was asked for mine after I had walked in and been given an over 18s wristband for showing my ID already. It was... slightly outrageous. And then there was the 2 hour line up for food and the 2.5 hour wait for the first supporting act after the gates opened. As you can imagine, with all of this going on, for $97 dollars, people were feeling a bit ripped off. Once Jack came on though, I must say, the vibe turned around completely and all was forgotten, at least on my part. He was one of the most amazing, laid back performers I have ever seen and I felt so privileged to be there, under the clearest of clear sydney nights, listening to one of my all time favorite singers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers