Monday, January 4, 2010

To backpack will be an awfully big adventure...




And so it begins. My traveling career. My adventures. My exposure to the world at its finest, and all I can think about, is how the fuck I am going to get my GHD straightener into this tinsy backpack.

 So it turns out, when you go back packing, you arn't actually supposed to take GHDs. Or more than 2 pairs of shoes. And apparently, I have to share a room, with up to 11 other people, I don't even know! Super. Just great. Hi five Jess. You've booked yourself a nightmare.

No, I'm pulling your leg. In all seriousness, I am looking forward to the trip. I am heading to Northern QLD for 10 days, backpacking my way from Mackay to Port Douglas. It should be absolutely amazing. I am looking forward to snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, Trekking the Daintree and lazing about on a yacht in Port Douglas. I think backpacking is an experience any young person would be mad not to allow themselves to have. Living by the basics, meeting new people, seeing new places. There's plenty of time for fancy resorts later on in life when you can actually afford a real holiday and not be living in a cardboard box and off 2 minute noodles for the next 10 years afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers