Thursday, July 11, 2013

Legal Dilemas

One of the things that pops up all the time when people ask me about my law degree is whether I want to be admitted as a solicitor or a barrister. Just to confirm, the difference is about 100 000 dollars a year in salary and you need to be admitted as a solicitor first.  I should also mention that attorney is a word that is used in America.

God, it really pisses me off when people are all like " Oh! So you will be a fully qualified attorney?" NO! I will be a lawyer. In the good old British sense of the word. I also like the words knickers and mollycoddling. What of it?

 If you call me an attorney, I will start calling myself Shirley Schmidt.

In addition to this, I want to avoid confusion by saying that the only bar I plan to spend any time at in the near future is the tennis club across the road, drinking 4 dollar ports and playing trivia.




No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers