Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The anxiety of interviews

The day is fast approaching where I will need to conduct a real interview. Face to face. Cyberspace will not be in between my subject and I, nor will there be an opportunity to hang up when it gets awkward, or sign out when I get bored. I am in the process of thinking about who I might like to profile, and what a good topic for my feature article later in the session, might be.

 I am tossing up as to whether I want to interview someone a little more well known, such as an athlete, or a politician, or whether I want to focus on something closer to the heart, like my family. My grandmother for instance has travelled around the world alone for more than 20 years. She has a story that would blow the mind of just about anyone and yet no one hears it, because she is on her own. Perhaps it is those stories that need to be told. The stories that are hidden away in the depths of an old lady's house. A lady who spent the majority of her life working harder than I have ever worked in all my life, and probably harder than I ever will. Who has spent years travelling around the world, seeing and doing amazing things, and who would give you the shirt off her back if you ask for it. I think it is people like this, who are the really interesting people. These are the people who's stories deserve a little limelight.

I only hope, that with my inexperience and "under construction" way with words, I will be able to do a story like this justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers