Friday, November 12, 2010

summer love




It's so hot. My room is sweltering. It's about 26 degrees in here at 9 am. I realized last year, when I made some friends who live overseas where it's much much colder than here, just how lucky I was. I used to complain about the heat, and honestly, where I am, it's hardly even heat compared to up north, however, I feel so lucky, that right now, it's 26 degrees in my room, I am wearing a summer dress, I am looking forward to a nice swim this afternoon and it isn't even the first day of summer yet. 

I sometimes wish that summer could go on forever. I love going looking at christmas lights in my board shorts and thongs. I love christmas day on the beach where all the kids are playing around with their new beach balls and bodyboards and it makes me so happy that I live in a place where the coldest day on record is about 15 degrees. I love that I can walk down to the beach after work in the Summer and sit on the verandah and eat cold salads for dinner. I love that there are mango and plum trees at the ready. I love the sounds of the coast, the birds, the waves, the cool salty sea breeze that blows down from the north... and the afternoon thunderstorms where the rain is actually warm.

I love summer. I love Australia. I love going home. 




2 comments:

  1. I love the warmth of your post. I'm in Quebec, Canada, and temperature is decreasing, -3 this morning... But hey, I promised myself this year to never complain anymore, that's my choice to stay here near my family, if I want to move south some day, I'll have to do it. Your country seems nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sounds wonderful... I live where it snows four months out of the year. I hate snow. It's just so different, Christmas is during winter here. I'm a bit jelous(:

    ReplyDelete

tell me something lovely :)

Followers