Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Homecoming


The glorious homecoming I had envisaged for this summer had been tainted with boredom, poverty and my increasingly tempestuous persona, that was a result of to much of everything. People, drinking, decadent foods and parties. I found that for the second summer in a row, I had been dropped from a world of learning and academic prosperity, into that of holidays and laziness. Too much time for reflection and self loathing. As I sat and stared at my computer screen that was so diligently trying to cheer me up by playing boston legal on repeat in a desperate attempt to relive the past year of law school,  I realized that I needed to find a way of kicking my emotionally destructive habits and a way to let go of academia and enjoy summer. It was at this point that I pulled out my worlds biggest time waster gob stopper, and I knew that this was the answer to all my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers