Sunday, August 15, 2010

Monopolizing the world.


Isn't this just the cutest watercolor drawing? I got it off the lovely art pixie.

My blogging has been a little slow of late. Back at university, hectic life setting in. I like it though. I like being so busy I just don't have time to stop and think about anything at all. 

Last night, I played monopoly for over 4 hours. I haven't played that game since I was little, but it really is a fantastic game. I like the fact that even though I couldn't win (After spending the first 9 rounds or so, in jail) I could still think of so many strategies to stop anyone else from winning too. It's amazing how competitive things get though. At the beginning, we made a pledge to all be friends after the game had ended but inevitably people just get so upset about things. It sort of made me realize, that while I am super competitive and in it to win it for myself so to speak, I am actually a pretty good sport, and reasonably calm in comparison to some of the other people who were playing.

I also realized why monopoly has been one of the best selling games ever made. And why despite the fact that the pieces are still images of top hats and old school cars, people can still relate, thus making it mind blowingly successful. 

Saturday night board games are always going to be a winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers