Saturday, September 22, 2012

Gratefulness

Some days you can't help but wish didn't happen. You have a bad day at work or uni or you feel stressed and scared about the future, or something that's happened in the past. The thing is, the more I think about that, the less sense it makes... If its already happened, I can't change it, and if it's tomorrow, it hasn't happened yet... So why should I worry? I feel like instead, I should be living every day though it is my first and last.

I try to be grateful for every single little good thing that happens. Whether its the fact that the sun is shining, or I like the way my hair looks or the fact that I am healthy and feeling good, it doesn't matter what happens in 10 minutes time. At this moment, right here, right now, I feel good. About myself, about my life, about my beautiful friends and family, how lucky I am to be educated, with a roof over my head and food on the table.

Today, I have had 2 memorable moments of clarity, and for the first time in quite a while I feel great. No one else had anything to do with it, I am just happy with me. How my life is turning out. And that is so important. I am watching this fantastic movie, with my fairy lights on... And I am just in my happy place. I almost feel so overwhelmed with gratefullness that I am back in that place of peace.

Fairy lights, prayer flags, my favorite art house film... I know that I am in the right place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers