Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday night at another little bar, across the other side of town...

And so it's Saturday night again, and everyone in this small town heads to anywhere where alcohol is readily accessible and where everyone else is going. Although I used to hate this kind of life, I admit, when I can't have it, I really want it. I want to be able to go out on a Saturday, with some friends, and just watch sport on TV, drink cocktails on couches and just be merry, enjoying life, or at least taking a break from reality. It's like a little corner of the globe where everything is happy and lit up. I don't know what's happening across the road let alone on the other side of the world, but I just know that here, now, everything is perfect. The olympics is on TV, and I watched Australia win Bronze in triathlon, I saw the boys win silver in rowing, and I saw the girls take out a hockey game.

I met up with people who I haven't seen in years, and I chatted to people I don't even know but who were happy to chat because it's Saturday night.

I ate some fancy fish and chips and I downed a couple of expensive drinks that had god knows what in them.

I go home feeling like I am satisfied, a bit rejuvenated, and ready for anything that next week  might throw at me. So bring it on world, I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers