Monday, August 8, 2011

We used to be friends.


A long time ago, we used to be friends. Maybe the Dandy Warhols did know what they were talking about. We Used to be friends. There was a time when I could tell you anything. I could whisper secrets in your ear and know that they would be safe forever. I listened to you cry and pour your heart out when no one else would, and we sat and talked all night, then we would hold each other like it was the end of the earth because if we let go, it felt like it may well be just that. Magnetic. It was love, it was laughter, it was the fun times and the sad. It was the kind of togetherness that you think you could never feel with another human being. 

So the part I don't understand is where all that went wrong. I wasted so many truths on you, only to get lies in return. A broken heart, in a way I never thought was possible. In a way that no lover could ever achieve. The monsters that haunt my nightmares are a better friend than you could ever be. And I just can't do it anymore. Our story ends here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me something lovely :)

Followers