Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Writing.

Writing is something I used to do. I used to pick up a pen and I used to write and write until there was no more ink, nothing else left to say. I used to release the build up of emotion then build up more. I would let the pen dance across the page effortlessly, an expression of myself and of the love I had of writing. An overflow of my thoughts, the ones I couldn't keep inside anymore.

Playing the piano is something I used to do. I wasn't that great but the sound that the keys made at just the slightest touch made me so happy. I would sit there and listen to music in my head then realize all of a sudden that I was playing. I could feel the music on my fingertips and I could feel what the composers were feeling as they wrote.

Swimming is something I used to do. The water sliding over my body, my body slicing the water. Blowing bubbles, my hair flowing loosely. Opening my eyes underwater and seeing everything blurry and beautiful. I used to hate that I couldn't go any faster. I felt like a mermaid. I felt not real.

What happened to all these things? Where did they go?

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, the writing part anyway. I used to write so effortlessly, and I still write, but it's not as simple anymore.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something lovely :)

Followers